Google Analytics is free but getting actionable data from it takes a bit of planning and time. We wanted to highlight for you here some great resources and tips for using Google Analytics in your organization or business.
The sky is the limit (of course) as you can spend almost endless amounts of time sifting through data and creating Google Analytics reports. At the end of the day though you need your website help you achieve some pretty discrete tasks. These could be things like:
- give your readers more of what they’re looking for;
- make information easier to find;
- get more visitors to subscribe to your email list;
- get more visitors to buy your products or make donations;
- see more visitors sharing links to your blog posts, videos and social media networks.
Google Analytics can help you see if you’re achieving these tasks and meeting the goals you set for your online program. But you won’t find this data by just looking at just pageviews and visitor numbers.
Here are a few tips and resources to help you measure what matters and make more data-driven decisions using Google Analytics.