A few days ago we talked about helping your organization’s mobile strategy by focusing on email and how it works on/with mobile devices.
Not wanting to be left out (just kidding, guys), Vertical ResponseÂ released a great little guide to email on mobile devices. Their “8 Rules for Creating Mobile Emails” are below. They track well with what we covered. Given the format of the pdf guide you may get more detail with it. Here’s their 8 rules:
- Simple is better.
- Subject line and pre-header are crucial.
- Use fewer, smaller images.
- Links are important.
- Call to action.
- Scrolling. (try to minimize the need for it)
- Remember the text backup.
- Think landing pages, email is just the start.
- You get little time to make an impression when a reader sees your subject line in their mobile email program. Make it clear, inviting, snappy. Enough to give the reader a reason to open it (or at least not delete it).
- Clear text, link and call to action early in the message body. Make it easy for the reader to get the point, act and move toward conversion.
- Landing pages should be mobile-friendly. This may take the most work for many nonprofits. If a form, think simple layout.