1) Myth #1: Your Nonprofit isnâ€™t Really a Business
Actually, it is, and the laws of business physics apply.
2) Myth #2: Spending Money is Bad
Smart investments increase your capacity to do good.
3) Myth #3: You Can Do Everything
You canâ€™t. You have to be strategic and focused.
4) Myth #4: Organizational Cultures Just Happen
You have a huge impact on your organizationâ€™s culture.
5) Myth #5: Be Careful About What You Share
In most cases, being more transparent and candid helps your cause and your organization.
6) Myth #6: Viva Martyrdom!
The martyrdom ethic offers a quick path to burnout, not impact.
7) Myth #7: Funding Flows to Great Nonprofits
On the contrary, funding flows to nonprofits that do a great job of fundraising, which has must more to with their fundraising skill than it does with the quality of their work. If you want to be high-impact, you need to do great work and do great fundraising.